I'm Inspired

6:21 PM at 6:21 PM

These past five days I've been in Mendocino at a writers conference. My first conference and it was a great experience. I seriously learned so much. I guess after a full year of working with the same students and professors you feel a little stumped about where to go with your work, but after talking to new people that are passionate about writing and offer a whole new perspective, I feel positive and full of new ideas. I couldn't have asked for a better conference- it was low-key and not as intense as I heard conferences can get. I was def. one of the young'ens, but I really learned alot from talented and serious writers.

Here are the things I think I have learned:

- I can write a novel. I don't feel as scared anymore and I have to stop saying I don't know how...because I do know how.

- I can pitch my books as young adult with all my kid narrators

- I can't get published on my own, I need an agent.

- I have more confidence about one day being published. I know it is still hard, but at least it's not like grad school that tells me it will probably never happen to most of us.

- I met the most wonderful agent that is interested in my work and wants me to send it directly to her.

0 comments: