Estoy in Costa Rica

6:58 PM at 6:58 PM

I am finally here. Costa Rica. The flight wasn't as bad, because I had one and a half zanax and I felt completely relaxed. We spent half a day in the city so far. Our hotel is so cute, but the city is pretty dirty. There are also so many street dogs, which makes me feel so helpless and sad.

My blonde sisters etract everyone. It feels so odd walking down the street and having guys pasted at their windows staring and hooting.

We did have amazing food tonight though. I had a grilled sea bass with black beans, rice, and plantains and two beers...amazing. It feels like only a preview to the tasty carribbean food that awaits us.

My spanish is all coming back. People speak to me and I answer. I feel more comfortable here with the language than when I was in Germany after taking three levels!

Even though it is only 8pm I am tired after a red-eye. I am off to bed in our eco hotel with a garden in the middle of a city. I sit in my hotel with free Internet, smoke a tasty Costa Rican cigar with rum and enjoy the luxury before the village life tomorrow.

then a four hour drive to Cahuita tomorrow!

Chao until next time

0 comments: