Costa Rica Adventures

1:14 PM at 1:14 PM

Boy oh Boy....let me tell you....a vacation with me is an adventure. We have had a calm relaxing day today and last night which was really needed. Sunday thru Wed. we staying in the Rasta village of Cahuita. It had beautiful white sand beaches, monkies everywhere (I thought I was in a zoo) and good soul food. I got to take my little sister out drinking to bars, I got sick one night...too much rum.
THe water was so warm in the ocean. I was playing in the waves one day and was taken out, spun upside down...I hit my head pretty hard on the bottom, chipped my front tooth, and now I have a bump on my head. I knew I was ok, because my first thought was oh no I don{t want to go to a hospital. If I am thinking that logical then I knew I was ok. Just a headache and a tiny chip...just a v shape between my two front teeth. The family is now calling my Chippy.

Our last night in the Rasta village was terrible. Our huts were in this beautiful garden a little out of town. Maybe 100 meters.Lisa was feeling really sick from the maleria medicine so she went to our hut so she could go to bed. I stayed out in the kitchen hut about 30 feet away with my parents and sister. Around 10pm at night Lisa is screaming. So we run out there and find out someone crawled through the window stole all her money, about 500 bucks, put on my rain jacket and stole it, took my camera charger, and her camera. THe worst part of it all is he was wearing a mask so she couldn{t identify him and he pointed a gun at her head. So she was really trauamtized and I had to give her a zanax. We were really shooken up, I couldnt go to sleep until it was light again outside and then only slept an hour. I felt so bad for her and mad that I let her go to the room alone. But it could have been worse. At least he didnt do anything to her. It was all really scary and we were happy to get out of there. I am mostly pissed about my battery charger because now when I run out of battery power no more pictures.


Now we are in a safer place with tons of kids, good food, and we are staying right by the police station. IT can only get better from here on out.

0 comments: