Costa Rica Adventures Continue

7:20 AM at 7:20 AM

I am now at a Resort in the mountains of costa Rica' Termales del Bosque. We will be here for two nights. There are these natural thermal pools in the middle of the forest that are relaxing.
Yesterday we left Tortpguero a little village on an island that you could only get to by a boat. We were there for four nights. I got my hair braided and look like a full blown Jamaican now. You will never believe how dark my skin is. I don´t think I have ever been this dark. THe little village had small paths to walk between shops, restaurants which were really people´s homes, and the beach. You could stand in the middle of the island and see the beach on one side and the river on the other. THere were lots of little kids and families which made it feel more safe. My dad bought a soccer ball and started a pick up game with all the little costa rican boys. One little boy took charge and divided the teams the gringos or us. It was really fun to watch. When we left my dad gave the little boy the soccer ball and his face lit up. He started turning to each person that passed him and show off his soccer ball saying look what the white man gave me. It was just so nice to truly experience the culture and the small village we were in. It was really hot and humid though and Lisa wasn´t doing too well' also probably because she is really affected still by the robbery. I am trying to talk her into getting a massage here at the resort, but all she wants to do is sleep. I feel so bad and sorry she had to go through that. It poured rain last night and I got soaking wet because the thief has my rain jacket. It was not fun.
It is so odd here because I wake up every morning at 5am. It is so bright out by then. Even though we are only an hour ahead it will be hard adjusting schedules.
Oh at the small village we also watched a green sea turtle come out of the ocean and lay eggs. it was amazing.

1 comments:

backyardwedding said...
This comment has been removed by the author.