March in a Nutshell

5:29 PM at 5:29 PM

So I got busy and stopped writing. I spent the rest of March grading my students, dealing with students arguing grades, deciding teaching isn't worth the stress of grading, hiking, eating good food, getting chicks for my parents back yard, and revising my thesis. Oh and dealing with my own crashing computer, which means I need to get a new one. So yeah, I was busy. I edited about 50 pages of my 130-140 page thesis. I feel like I am getting closer, but don't want to graduate.

The new qrt., my last qrt, started this week. I taught my new class on Tuesday. Tomorrow I teach again. It is so much better and I feel a little bit more positive about teaching now. Tomorrow I also have my writing workshop, my last one with one of my all time favorite professors. And then tomorrow evening I am giving my first ever reading. I am terrified, petrified, and all together horrified. I don't like to read things I wrote, especially to a large crowd in an auditorium with a microphone. (I have a fear of microphone's and when there was the possibility of getting one for Katie's wedding I begged her not too). I hope I don't faint. My story, that I am reading, is 9 pages long. I will try to shorten it tonight, some how. Ahhh!!! Terrified. Also, to make matters worse, all the recruits for next year will be there...so it puts more pressure on me to represent the program. And it also means the professors will be there.
Here are some pictures from Spring Break:

Will post later...my computer crashes everytime I try posting one picture.

0 comments: