Turning Points

4:39 PM at 4:39 PM

Pretty much my life continues to be filled with days of teaching, planning to teach, and grading students work. When I am not doing any of those things I have been trying to cook more (less frozen Annie's food) and I spend multiple hours a week playing/entertaining/training dogs (Sam and Jaime in particular).

I've been enjoyed this qrt. alot. But...as time gets closer I start freaking out how I have been avoiding my thesis. I do need a break from it. I feel like my heart is in teaching to write at the moment not in writing myself. (There's good and bad with this). At some point I will need to get my butt back into the groove of writing. I feel like I am out of ideas. Any suggestions?

As of teaching. I still get so nervous, but it is getting so much better and I really am starting to love doing it. Right now I have a stack of 40 exercises to grade (I am in the middle of grading but taking a break-hence the blog post). I am so excited though. This is the third exercise from my students and they actually are really improving, taking my suggestions and tips from lessons and applying it to their own work. I feel so proud. I feel like successful parent or something. Today one of my student's came to my office hours to tell me she really is enjoying my class and loves the comfortable atmosphere I have created. She said she has always liked writing but has been way too intimidated to share anything. She has wanted to take this class for over a year but has been to scared, now she is finally doing it and she came to tell me I make her feel like she can actually write. I must say it made me proud.

I just feel happy. It's been a good last three days. First a day-off at the beach with dogs, then the change in leadership yesterday, an inspirational/exciting/ intelligent speech (I watched with my dog and tried telling him once the economy now gets better he will get more toys- I don't think he understood), then a great class last night (I lectured for almost an hour without noticing the time! I usually lecture 20 minutes), and then now reading the students work and talking with one this morning.

I really love inspiring people and offering them advice. I don't like public speaking and could possibly do without the lecturing to large groups. I need to find something where I can be a guider. I like guiding people.


Cupcakes I baked from scratch- vanilla peppermint-coconut




Dogs Playing on Muir Beach on MLK Day








Food from one of my favorite restuarants in the Bay Area




The Dogs Tired after a day at Muir Beach

2 comments:

Katie T said...

Mmmm...cupcakes look good.

and are there extra dogs in those last few pictures?

Anonymous said...

Sol Food! was a great way to end the beach trip

pop