Signing for a Home

8:57 AM at 8:57 AM

So today Lisa and I have to let our property management know if we will be re-signing our lease for next year. He gave us like one week to figure it out. I mean we knew it was coming...but it seems to early to have to plan for September. By the time September has come around we have lived here 5 years. This place has been our home. It will be so hard to leave it. I hate moving too, especially since there is so much unknown for the future. This last week I know my heart and instinct tells me not to re-new the lease, but whenever I try thinking about it I think I should do it...so I have avoided thinking about it now. My mom told me I can move back home temporarily, so I won't be homeless and I could save money. Ahh...it is such a hard decision- stressful and exciting.
So here are the pros and cons about re-newing....

Pros About Renewing:
-This is a large apt. for a good price
-This is a desirable apt. so if we renewed and then had to leave mid-lease it probably wouldn't be hard subletting
-The location is great
-I hate moving
-We would give up our free cable
-I know I wouldn't be homeless in the fall
-Even though moving into my parents house is always a fall back so I wouldn't be homeless really, it is nice to have my own place and independent space
- I'm attached to this place and consider it home
-If we say no to resigning it would be impossible to change our mind. we had to work hard to get into this place, the wait list is long and giving it up seems like we can never have it back again and I like being able to know I can fall back on what I had

Cons About Renewing:

- I dont have an actual job set-up yet for September, so I would have to use my savings for rent if the economy is still crappy and I don't find work
-Finding a sublet might be stressful and hard given the bad economy and if an opportunity arose for me to leave quickly (a job or worldly experience), I might not have time.
-Moving will force us to simplify and get rid of a lot of crap
-Giving up cable is good, we shouldn't waste so much time watching TV
-My landlord hates Jaime and Jaime wants to kill him...so it is always an issue when he comes over to fix things
-My landlord can be creepy and makes me feel uncomfortable
-It would be good to have nothing set-up for September...it is exciting and forces me to consider getting out of Davis and looking at new opportunities...I will have my Masters and shouldn't fall into this cycle of renewing and staying in a job I am unsatisfied with just to pay rent.

Ahhhhh....what should I do?????

0 comments: