New Baby

7:54 AM at 7:54 AM

After a full week at work I have decided I am ready for school to start. Summer was nice, but I am so bored with working all the time. School is busy, but at least it gives me more down time. It was nice to pair my first week back to work with a long weekend. Every weekend should be a long weekend.

To get back into the American culture I went on a shopping spree at Target and bought some new cute sheets for my bed. Along with dog toys to spoil my pootch.

On Sunday I went with my mom and sister to look at a puppy. After a year of recovering from the loss of their border collie my parents were ready for a new companion. My sister found an ad in the sac bee, called the lady, and we were off.

We drove out into the country of sacramento (off 99) and up to a trailer home in the dirt. The lady told us the puppies were under the stairs of the trailer home. We walked up to find three curled up border collies sleeping in the dirt. We pulled them out one by one. The girl looked at us, irritated that we woke her up, and went to find shade under a tree. She ignored our calls. The short haired boy yawned and went back under the stairs. The long haired boy saw us, wagged his tail, and would not stop licking us. I got up and walked a distance away and the puppy ran and jumped into my lap. Within five minutes my mom said, that's the one. He has been waiting for us. I asked her if she was sure and reassured her we can wait longer if she isn't ready yet. The whole five minutes we were there she couldn't stop talking to the lady about Pablo. I wanted to be sure she was ready. My mom pulled out her check book and within ten minutes the new baby was driving home with us. It felt right. He totally chose us. It was like he was waiting for us. We all got a little teary eyed in the car, because the puppy totally looks like a baby Pablo. Soon afterwards we realized he has his own little personality and is quite mischevious.

Yesterday we took him to the beach with Kuma and Jaime. He sleeps most the time, but when he is awake he gets into trouble and Jaime is enthralled with him. Jaime just watches him like he is some amazing little thing- like there is something that could actually get into more trouble than Jaime. The puppy tore up some paper. While he was doing this Jaime was watching him like what the heck is he doing. As soon as the puppy left the paper Jaime looked at us to see if we were watching...as soon as we turned away Jaime sneakingly took the paper and ran outside. He wanted it so badly, but was trying so hard to be good.

So now we have a new member of the family...and we think we're calling him Sam.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo. We need to stage a mischevious puppy get-together.