Regents and Republicans

8:18 AM at 8:18 AM


Stumbled upon this picture today. Thought it was hilarious. The republican party makes me mad. I could rant for hours about many things, but I think this picture says it all: why keep it hidden? Good for Palin for drinking red wine and embracing her sexuality. Don't be a hypocrite about it and try to deny pictures like these. Also check out the McCain site and his new little video clip where he shines as a star through the summer of love. It is terrible.

I am also quite frustrated with the UC Regents. They could be just as bad as the Republican party. Like always they decided to raise tuition this year- I didn't think anything of it because since I started grad school last fall they covered all my costs. I get an email from my counselor telling me I need to pay my bill by the end of next week. I go what bill? I have not paid one bill to the regents since I started grad school. Only to find out that my grant only pays the amount they offered when I entered school last fall, so if the tution goes up that means I pay the difference. GRRRR....somehow I don't remember this in the small print.

Also....they are making me go through so much red tape just to get a reimbursement for the mendocino writers conference they were supposed to pay for. I submitted all the paperwork and receipts but now they say I have to do some mytravel crap online. I go online to log on and they wont let me because I am not authorized. So I call mytravel and they tell me to call the computer guys so I call them last Friday. They said I have two accounts: student and staff and the computer is freaking out because they don't know who I am. So I clear it up and they tell me they will merge my accounts so I can log on to complete the refund stuff. They tell me I will be able to log on Tuesday. It is now Thursday and I still can't log on. So I still can't get my money from the regents that will just be returned to them. Can't we just call it even and then I don't have to waste time to get money to pay them back with? GRRRRRRRRRRRR

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,

Check out

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/palin.asp

for another point of view.

VOTE FOR OBAMA !