Katie's Bachelorette Party

6:00 PM at 6:00 PM

This weekend was so much fun. I have found that I really like wine tasting, it is quite fun...but I like the light wines. It was great that everyone had such a good time- the energy was amazing and it was so cool to finally meet and see how awesome all of Katie's friends were. We started the weekend Wine Tasting and with a picnic at Monticello who had an amazing pinot noir. Then we headed to Elyse winery, who after giving us a hard time about not having a reservation, served us more wine than I have consumed in a long time. After that we were all warm and fuzzy and went to another winery near by...and sigh...I can't remember the name (this is where it starts getting blurry). The 4th stop was Havens Winery where there was a cute bulldog that kept us company. After hitting four wineries we headed to the vacation house which was so comfortable and cute. It had a great backyard and hottub. Ellie and I decided to teach Katie how to play beer pong. Katie proved to be quite the champion beating us. After relaxing a little at the house we headed out to dinner at a vegetarian restaurant. The food was amazing and they gave us about 30 courses and a great dessert. Panchas dive bar in Yountville followed dinner where we continued to drink and play pool. Learning that Katie was a bachelorette we made many friends who quickly became enemies as soon as Katie was sick. We went back to the house and made it into the hottub...finally hitting the sack at 3am. The next morning was rough. My liver and stomach were angry with me.
When we headed out to the next winery at 11:30 am Katie and I bonded on the parkinglot ground wondering if we were going to live through the day. After crackers and medicine I felt a second wind. Katie felt better after more sick time.
The second winery- Reverie was so pretty. We had a tour and some more great wine. Followed by a great deli sandwich in Calistoga. The sandwich really was what helped me. We stopped by Frank Family Winery which was a little freaky. The wine maker was a manager of Walt Disney and it was so crowded since it was a free tasting. Feeling completely rejuvenated we headed to St. Suprey. They had one of the best Sauvignon blanc's I have ever had, so I had to buy a bottle. Then we ended at Castovino...which might be incorrect. Everything seems to blur by the end.
So 9 wineries in two days was quite the bunch. Sunday night we had a relaxing dinner in the house. Ellie and I decided to BBQ. Neither of us have ever done it before, but it was so very yummy.
The weekend was amazing. I really had such a great time with good people, good wine, and good food. I can't wait for the wedding!

Eylse Winery

Best Vegetarian Restaurant Ever


Struggling-Handicapped for sure






Morgan Saved the Day w/ Hang-over Remedies


Friends since Preschool!


Reverie Winery






Otto the Winedog at Havens


Rules of the game...




Ellie and I watch as the ball lands in the cup


Yummy BBQ in the backyard

0 comments: