UnderStory

4:58 PM at 4:58 PM

I am exhausted
I worked 13 hours yesterday- 10am-11pm. Went to Calaveras County for the community video documentary project. I was so proud of the kids. I got a little teary eyed. 100 people showed up- a discussion was sparked afterwards and the community wants to move forward.

The kids are coming to Davis on Wednesday. The first time for most of them. It seems far away. I have been working so hard to plan this event. I rented a huge tour bus with video screens for them. They can't get over the fact that there is something better than a school bus.

We'll have lunch in the arboretum, a campus tour, and then they will present their documentary to the Davis community.

Yesterday they told me they are excited to come to Davis because they get to spend the whole day with me and I'm cool. I've have worked long and hard on this project. I am so happy for those kids and really hope I can be a positive influence.

If you are in the Davis area on Wednesday come to the MU II (2nd story of the Memorial Union) from 4-7. If you can come the whole time the film will be 4-5, discussion 5-6, and FREE FOOD 6-7. I really recommend coming for the video.

today I also was trained to drive a city GEM car. In the summer I will be driving one and making the rounds to the pools. At first I was nervous as hell and kept breaking with my left foot thinking it is the clutch. But now I sorta like it. It really responds to the gas and not too well to the break. My boss is worried I will flip one. I told her it took me a year to learn the clutch- so not too worry :)

0 comments: