A Milestone

8:01 AM at 8:01 AM

I have finished my first year of graduate school- barely alive. It flew by. I can't believe I only have one more year left. Just like that...and I will have a Masters Degree.

To reward my year/accomplishments I purchased myself a new ipod nano. It is tiny- like a credit card. I'm liking it, but worried it is soo delicate.

I am excited for the summer. Summer never feels the same like when you are in school. A real break, even if you work, feels so good. I'll be traveling more than usual this summer, but I can't wait.

The kids from Calaveras county came to campus last wednesday. I had lunch with them, a campus tour, and then they presented their documentary to Davis. It was a fun day, tiring, but fun. I made an effort to show/talk to the kids about their individual interests and how it can tie into Davis...motivation. I took one girl down to KDVS since she wants to be a DJ. Things like that. It was an inspirational day. I really hope these kids understand how much they are doing for their community and others.

Here is a list for grad school:

Good Things About Grad School-

+ Learning new things is exciting
+Meeting new people, making friends
+Close connections with professors
+Break feels that much better
+Funding is amazing
+Accomplishments are way more rewarding

Bad Things About Grad School-

+You are more tired than usual
+There's a lot of reading (at least 200 pages per week per class)
+Campus starts to feel like home
+It goes by fast
+Reality of job afterwards seems harder than finding a job after undergrad

0 comments: