Like a good concert

2:40 PM at 2:40 PM




Last night I was one of the lucky few who was able to see Bill Clinton speak at UCD.
10,000 people turned up. They only let in about 2,000. We got there late. Right at nine. The line was 4 football fields long and they already met the capacity. I was just so happy to see so many people there. It made me feel like there was hope for the politics of this country. I decided to walk around the building and see if we could find a window or door to watch the whole speech through. I found a pretty open door that had a small crowd pushed up against it. We stood there for about ten minutes. On tiptoes trying to sneak a peak. Then came the moment. Someone from the inside opened the door. It was only for a second before security figured out and shut it again. But it was enough time to get in.
So I got to see Bill Clinton speak. Live. About 100 feet away on the ground level. It was amazing. It was better than anything I have seen. In the past I went and saw Peter Camejo speak, but this was so much better in comparison. It was like watching a really good concert and being moved by good art. You left smiling. I am so happy I got in. Clinton was so impressionable that I went and changed my political party affiliation from green to democrat. That says something about the speech. I still am a greenie at heart, but the reality of them getting enough people to switch over is small. If I want to see changes take place. Well then. I hate to say it...but sometimes mainstream is the only way. I still want to do more research about who I am going to vote for, but Hillary has a good chance in my books. Clinton is an amazing speaker...see for yourself:


0 comments: