2:51 PM at 2:51 PM

I am happy it is the weekend. Last week I felt a little sick. This week I feel alot sick. I think it is because I was on campus from 10-6 pretty much four days straight doing non-stop work and scholarly things such as class. I also went to a workshop about getting hired at a city college after a masters degree. It all was very helpful and city college professors make some mula. I guess after next year and teaching undergrads I will figure out if that is really the practical thing I want to do with my career life.

The creative writing dept. also is hiring a new fiction professor for this up coming fall. They chose their top three and each week one of the candidates is visiting campus. So we grad students get to have lunch with them and then go to a reading. The first one came this last week. He was pretty outstanding in my book. Set the bar high. He is a really talented writer and it seems like he would be a good teacher. I laugh at his stories and admire how they are sentimental at the same time. Plus he has this awesome novel that is coming out in a month or so that has to do with pop-culture. I am also cant wait to see the next candidates.

This weekend I am going to get better. I think I was just so go go go this past week I never gave my body time to rest. It's this terrible sickness where your back and neck ache and you feel cold all the time. The throat hurts and you can't get comfortable.

I am really busy. But I am happy. I really feel content with my classes, my work, my days that are jam packed. It is so much better than last quarter.

Oh yeah and my good buddies from the city played a little prank on me through the email. Let's just say they totally had me fulled and topped me. I was impressed. And laughed. I miss seeing those guys on a daily basis. We went to the movies and to lunch last weekend. It was fun to just go out and relax and not be busy. If only they were more than behind a computer screen in my busy days my life would be priceless.

0 comments: