Life After School

7:44 PM at 7:44 PM

As much as I love school it has started to cross my mind that in June I need to have something lined up to do. Unless I stop writing my thesis and fail on an attempt to stay in school longer.

As much as I love class, writing, and school work...I don't think I can do the whole Phd thing. But I also hate working in an office job.

Here are my top job choices:

Unrealistically I would love to travel the world, everything paid of course, and write food reviews and books.

That is dream job #1

Dream job #2 is living in the forest/mendocino and writing all day long- everything paid of course.

Since both of those jobs are probably not going to happen...here are two choices that seem somewhat attainable and perhaps a possibility...(well really probably not possibilities, but they would be awesome places to work for)

College of the Redwoods- in Fort Bragg- is hiring a Creative Writing professor. This is rare. Most city colleges only hire english professors for comp. lit. I only meet some requirements though...I will have my masters....but I also need something published. Perhaps I can bypass this or get something published.

Second job...well...there are no open positions, but this really really is a lovely publishing house that I would kill to work at. Probably the only job I would agree to sit in an office for. It's called Ten-Speed Press. They have a children's book division called Tricycle Press. This is where i would want to be. http://www.tenspeed.com/?zenid=fac29086a9c8428ebb7319791e6f3d36
Plus. It's in Berkeley.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you don't have dreams you have nightmares! (I got that from a movie, can't remember which, I do really like that line). All those dream jobs are obtainable, it may take some time, but you can totally do it. So far you have done it through college, had to show some patience with grad school. Of course my vote is for Mendo!

pop

backyardwedding said...

All of those jobs sound perfect for you!