Full Swing of Things

8:54 AM at 8:54 AM

Fall has arrived. The cool weather is bringing anticipation and excitement for mushroom hunting. We booked a place for New Years in Mendocino. I can't wait. School has swept in and is keeping me busy. Workshop is critical, detailing, yet inspiring. I have been teaching two discussion sections which are going well. Sometimes it is hard to get the students to talk, but I find that I can think on my toes and make connections with our texts faster when I am standing up in front of a class. Improve is how I like to see it. All of my extra time goes to writing my thesis. I have to turn in 10 pages EVERY week. It has been a challenge, but it is good for me: forcing me to write.

Last week at the Davis Humanities Institute (where I work ten hours a week) we had a fall reception. Of course I was assigned the job as the bartender:


Jaime is enjoying the cooler weather in my parents backyard with Sam:




This past Saturday I went with Lisa to San Francisco to relax. We had delicious Indian food for lunch, watched the LoveFest Parade, listened to some music at the festival, ran into Palina, and did some shopping:



0 comments: