Places and Names

8:05 PM at 8:05 PM

Yesterday I met with one of my professors. She is from Lebanon. She asked me if she has been pronouncing my name correctly when she calls attendance in class. I told her yes, she is one of the few people who have pronounced it correctly without me saying it first. She told me it is because when she lived in Lebanon she lived in a neighborhood with a huge extended family with the last name of chordas.

Pretty cool. Just had me thinking...wouldn't it be crazy if I had some distant relatives living in Lebanon? A drop of blood, no maybe less. But a shared last name that brings us together. You live in your own small family and it is mind blowing to think how many other people you maybe connected to in this world. Chordas doesn't seem like a popular last name. You never know.

I got tickets for the Death Cab for Cutie concert at Freeborn in April. Something to look forward too.

This sat. I am going to Blue Mountain to teach kids about blogging and how the can share/tell their stories of community as a way to move towards a positive future.

0 comments: