Finally The Weekend

3:31 PM at 3:31 PM

You know...I realized that I didn't have a weekend last week, because I studied the whole time. I am so happy it is a three day weekend. Totally ready for it. Plus after Thursday things always pick up for me. I feel bouncy and happy by the time Friday rolls around.

Today I ran into a former professor that I had for a huge class in Fall 2003. He totally remembered my name. I don't get how professor's always remember me. I never talk in class. Yet they do. And it makes me happy, because I feel like I did something right for them to remember be out of the hundreds of students. It is just a good feeling.

Then I ran into another former professor (I was all over campus today for work) and we started talking about the summer. He said he wants me to be the reader/grader for his summer school class. I am totally stoked I can now have a TA like position on my resume. And for the experience. Plus I am happy because this is after the department told me I don't have a chance getting one of the summer positions, because they are held for the phd students. But whamo...I got it! So I am excited. I already know I will be working at least 2 hours a day with the city this summer and now this...I can't wait for the money. It will come in handy in Costa Rica.

Then I went and met with my creative writing professor and she really really helped me with my story. For some reason I just have the same mind-set as her. She explains things to me and they click. She always says she thinks differently than others so it is hard for her to explain, but I think, really, she has a backwards thinking like me...and her moments of teaching just click for me.

And tonight I am going out to dinner with my friends. I can't wait.

0 comments: