What I would do for a dunkin donut

9:45 AM at 9:45 AM

There are mornings I wake up and all I crave is a dunkin donut. I wonder why they would never work on the west coast. Probably, because here we have Starbucks on every corner. Oh, what I would do for a pumpkin donut this morning. If only they could ship them.

I am almost back to my old self. I can tell, because Jaime's good behavior is returning and the weather is getting cooler. Being sick was no fun. For the most part. The good thing about being sick is that I could sit in bed all day and read the whole last book of Harry Potter. I felt like all the kids who got it at midnight and pulled an all nighter to read the last bit of magic from JK Rowling. The only difference was that I got paid sick time to sit and bed and read with a fever.

When I am sick it is almost impossible to kill time on the computer or TV. Which is a good thing. It forced me to read. It reminded me how much I love and need to read more. Our lives depend on too much TV and internet. I am guilty of it, as much as I don't agree with it. I go to work 8-5, come home, think I will watch one show on the telly, and than hours later I drag myself to bed only to repeat the same thing the next day. What kind of life is that? This past week I have been coming home and reading instead of gluing myself to a screen. It makes me feel better. Somehow there is no remorse when you loose your time in the pages of a book. It only reiterates to me, that I want to create that magic for people to read.

Everyone at the city now know I am going back to grad school. They are all so sad, but tell me I will owe them a signed copy of my first book. One coworker told me she knew I wouldn't last long at an office job, because I am smarter than that. It just made me feel good. Knowing I have that support and faith that I can do this. And I am choosing to do the right thing. I cannot wait till school starts. I am on fire and ready to indulge in reading and writing.

0 comments: