Butterflies

5:13 PM at 5:13 PM

This morning I had butterflies thumping in my stomach. The conference that I have been organizing for the past few weeks was to take place. Not only was everything on my shoulders, but this was a conference for professors.

Not only did my butterflies fly for the conference, but I am worried sick about my Bunia. We think her cancer has returned. Today she went to see the dr. then she will probably be referred. I took her to lunch yesterday and she told me how everyday she is stressed and she can't stand my cousins loud metal music all day long anymore. If she does have cancer I am so worried she is not strong enough to fight it. Her immunity is down because of her stress. I hate to think that she might be sick. Out of everyone she deserves to live so much longer and not live in a life full of stress with my mental cousin.

The conference went wonderfully, as planned with no mishaps. I felt like a student for the first time in over a year. I read a play, did homework, went to my office, ran into Jodi on campus, and made sure the conference was running smoothly. I dreaded the day ending because I don't want to return to the 8-5 shift tomorrow at the city. I really am a student and not someone who can sit at an office all day.

I am dreading to make the call. To find out how the dr. apt. went. My Bunia was on my mind all day. I was on campus being a student, doing what I love most of all, and I kept feeling for her and how she has to sit at a home with people she doesn't want to be around.

0 comments: