Busy

8:39 AM at 8:39 AM

Course work is light this quarter, but I have been working more on campus and then at city hall. When I work more it is almost like I am busier, but not as stressed and not as tired. Classes are moving along. I am enjoying poetry and grammar more than I ever thought I would. I struggle with the homework during the week, but then in class it just makes sense and I finally am grasping concepts and ideas I never could understand.

I've been accepted to the Mendocino Writers Conference for the summer, so I will be traveling to Mendocino on a fully paid trip by the english department. I liked the author's at the conferences in Napa and Portland better, but the conferences were both so much longer. I just could not afford to be gone longer than a long weekend in the summer, so I stuck with a shorter one. Which isn't bad, because if I am going to be submerged in writing nonstop for three days straight I couldn't find a more inspirational place than Mendocino. They have a contest I'm going to enter. The first place person wins money and will be published. I just need to decide which story to submit. It is hard because so many of my stories take place in Mendocino. I can see this being a good thing and a negative thing. I don't want to offend anyone, but then again they might like to see their location in a story. We'll see.

The city of Davis gave my name to the executive director of the Davis Art Center. I guess the Art Center is looking for an office assistant. I wish I had the time to take the job. It probably would be perfect. I'm going to go and meet with the director next week...and see what she thinks. It is crazy how networking and connections just allow things to fall into your lap. I am becoming a firm firm believer of just working hard and being happy along the way..then success will find you. If you become to desperate and depressed with what you're doing then nothing will happen.

Yesterday I was walking on campus and said hi to a professor in passing. He told me every time I see you, you are always so happy.

I don't see why you should waste time not being happy.

0 comments: