work

3:26 PM at 3:26 PM

Today was my last day working my office job at the city. It really was bitter sweet. How I am going to enjoy not having to wake up at 6am any more. How I will enjoy not staring at a computer for 8 hours a day. But there is so much I will miss....
The stress-free life of not being in grad school
working for the best boss ever
laughing with my co-workers about all our inside jokes
spending 8 hours with people that became some of my best friends
I never felt so sad leaving a job in my life.

The dept. took me out to lunch this week and gave me presents that were ALL brown. They always joke how I wear brown everyday...so they gave me a brown city sweatshirt. Seriously I left real quick today. I couldn't day bye to anyone. Otherwise I would have cried. Sometimes it kills me that I just gave up an amazing job I worked so hard to get. I really did. Now I feel like I am back at stage one, but sometimes it seems like it is worse than after undergrad stage one. Who will hire me with a masters? I won't have a phd so all the teaching jobs will go to them. I won't be able to get an office job, because I will require more of a salary than someone with just a BA. Pretty much I am scared of the in-between situation I will be in after my masters. I know better than to think I will live off a published book.

And grad school is so stressful. I got my grads and I did amazingly well. Two A's and a B+. Yet I am not as excited as I thought I would be. Maybe I am too hard on myself. But this qrt I started off so excited and I really did end discouraged. And even though I got good grades I still feel discouraged and I can't figure out why. I never felt like this in school before.

I'm going to miss my job where I only felt encouragement and laughter.

0 comments: