school = no bullshiters

5:06 PM at 5:06 PM

Last week of my first quarter as a graduate student.

School is killing me. I think tonight will be an all nighter. I have figured out why grad. school is so much harder. In undergraduate I learned the manipulation of bullshitting. I learned to bullshit well and creatively.

There is no bullshitting in grad school.

The creative part is ok. But the theory and criticism part is killing me.

I just finished reading Lolita today. I am making a project on the book Lolita. The project part is fun. But I don't know how to tie it into theory and process. I am making a mobile with multiple layers to represent the nyphness of girls.

Nabokov is an amazing author. The games he plays with language and metaphors completely blows me away. And it is sad to think I never picked up the book in the past just because of the content. Who cares about the content. That man is a mastermind writer.

Class at Pam Houston's house tonight.
Then the Lolita project.
And then my research paper: Comedy and Court Dispositions as Genre in the 16th century.

0 comments: