Flight Patterns

9:54 AM at 9:54 AM

Every morning I wake up and drink my coffee and check my email. Along with checking my email, I have added a new routine- checking flights. I check international flights to various of locations I probably will never purchase. But there is something so soothing about the routine of watching the prices and trying to figure out some sort of pattern. I've been watching every day for a little over a month. It's like a special project. I might be obsessive in some ways, but there are just some things I enjoy doing. So while I check my email, I try to figure out the flight-market. If you need me to find you a flight, I just might know how to score the best deal.

Here are some observations from the past month....(These are for international flights)

The cheapest months to travel to most places are August and September

The cheapest days of the week to fly on are Monday and Wednesday

The airlines have the best deals/sales 60 days before flying date. After that they go up. It is a myth- I have found in my own research- that they discount tickets at the last minute. You can get discounted vacation packages...but not just a flight.

0 comments: