Celebration of Time Changes

10:44 AM at 10:44 AM

We celebrate time passing for new years...so why don't we celebrate the change- loss or addition- of time for Daylight Savings? I think we should.

This last week was my most stressful week of the quarter. I didn't realize how stressed out I was until Thursday night when I came home and crashed out and slept through my alarm that was going off for an hour straight without my knowledge. Really even though I was stressed, I didn't have time to worry about it because I was so busy.

I turned in 5 stories for my thesis collection. 2 of them were new stories.

I went and watched a oral thesis defense to see how these things go since I will be defending mine in May. It freaked me out more to see it. It made it more real and less of a denial thing.

Then for the first time in my life I lectured to a lecture hall. I had to take a crumble of a xanax for that one. I mean I would have preferred a drink, but 9am was too early to kick back the bottle. It went well though. The whole lecture was 50 minutes and it went by so fast. The TA in the class, a fellow grad student, told me I was "Fierce." Then Yiyun Li, the professor of the class who was gone the day I lectured, told me a student came to see her in office hours and was "gushing" about the lecture.

Then on Thursday my class was observed by the department. I felt good about it. Of course my students went a little off topic at one point...debating if marijuana makes you feel "chill" or "paranoid." I had to get them back on track....but the observer was laughing. Which is a good thing. It was a moment when everyone was laughing. So I think he saw how comfortable I run my classroom. I do like my students and have two more classes to teach. I will miss them. As the quarter has gone on I really have grown attached to them.

0 comments: